Frequently Asked Questions about Digital Marketing Agencies
Before we delve into the frequently asked questions about digital marketing agencies, it is important to understand what digital marketing is.
For starters, there is no denying that newspapers and magazines are becoming obsolete, while TV and radio are declining in a major way. This leaves the internet and mobile devices as the most sought-after marketing sphere in this era.
In the modern world of technology, the internet, social media and the like, marketing has gone beyond its traditional means of reaching consumers and placing a product or service out there for them to see. It has taken a different and still-evolving form with a wide range of tools at the disposal of marketers, reaching a very large audience, with feasible and substantial elements to track results and ultimately increase growth and ROI.
What is Digital Marketing?
Marketing is simply the promotion, distribution and selling of a product or service, including market research and advertising. In short, it is communicating a product’s value to customers. Digital marketing is communicating a product’s value to customers through digital tools.
Digital marketing delivers measurable and verifiable results in real time and is highly targeted, data driven and exceedingly organised.
In digital marketing, strategies are tested continually to monitor what’s working and what isn’t. It provides the possibility to measure results and implement strategy adjustments immediately.
What is a Digital Marketing Agency?
It is an advert-based agency that gets products and services out into the digital space for consumers to see, thus increasing sales. These agencies use digital tools and provide a plan for specific and technical development and growth for products and services.
A digital marketing agency is a brand-development and lead-generating engine with teams of strategists, consultants, and developers who rely solely on verifiable data to deliver quantifiable results.
Digital marketing depends on technology and, as it is ever changing and evolving, so does the digital market space.
Below are some frequently asked questions about digital marketing agencies.
Why do I need a Digital Marketing Agency?
The services and prospects of a digital marketing agency cannot be overemphasised, as its advantages to brand, product and service are encompassing.
A digital marketing agency creatively and strategically offers solutions to any marketing problem a brand may have, and they help build solid relationships with customers which, in turn, lead to an increase in sales and revenue.
What services does a Digital Marketing Agency offer?
The services offered by digital marketing agencies are very useful and effective. Aside from the core services mentioned above, they are also well skilled in marketing. Below are some of the marketing services they offer.
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Digital Advertising
What are the advantages of Digital Marketing?
- It offers a 24-hour service
- It reaches far more people
- It gives options to clients
- It expands a client base and ultimately drives sales
- It enables consumers to communicate with manufacturers
What is ROI?
It simply means Return on Investment. That is, the benefit gained by an investor (company) on investment (product or service).
What is the job of a Digital Marketer?
A digital marketer helps to promote a brand digitally. He/she creates awareness about a certain product through creative content and campaigns. The services provided can be creating an effective and strategic online presence to reach customers in the form of:
- social media campaigns
- content creation and content marketing
- mobile campaigns
- email marketing
- search engine optimisation (SEO)
- search engine marketing (SEM)
- ROI assessment
- influencer marketing
- display advertising
What skills are needed for Digital Marketing?
- Creative thinking
- Marketing skills
- Sales skills
- Computer knowledge
- Customer relationship management skills
- Analytical thinking
- What are the types of Digital Marketing?
- Affiliate marketing
- E- newsletter
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Pay-per click advertising
What tools are used in Digital Marketing?
- SEO-Title Tags
- SEO-META Tags/Description
- Google Analytics
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit etc.
- Mobile Phones
- SEO – Google rankings and keyword tags
What is the difference between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing?
Unlike traditional marketing that uses print like newspapers, magazines, direct mail etc. to promote a business or product, digital marketing uses mobile phones, SEO, in-links, Google analytics, E-newsletters, blogs etc for product awareness and brand promotion.
Digital agencies differ, as some might be more general and cater to clients in different niches, while others may only accept clients in a specific niche as they have become experts in marketing products in that particular niche. It could be tech, beauty, luxury goods, healthcare etc.
Whatever niche a digital marketing agency specialises in, they will create an online presence and foster growth and development in clientele and sales.
What are the benefits of a Digital Marketing agency?
They have a team of highly-qualified digital marketing experts that understand each product or service as if it is their own. They know what the client wants and needs and use their expertise to help put the product or service out there for consumers to see.
- They provide solutions to consumers and brands, to help grow the database of the brand.
- They drive traffic to the website by constantly creating content and posting it for people to see.
- They help to boost a product or service through social media ads and campaigns.
- They create web design and services like social marketing and online advertising.
- They create a credible online reputation for brands.
- They help in the creation and growth of clientele. Wider reach equals more clients.
- They give fast and accurate responses to questions posed by customers.
- They conduct surveys online to know a product’s and service’s performance. Customers are asked to fill out online questionnaires to describe if a product or service has been satisfactory to them or not. And this helps the brand to know where to channel their energy and productivity.
- They create awareness about new product development by constant creating online and social media campaigns and sending E-newsletters to clients, to inform them about new products and services.
- They consistently drive traffic to a website with the use of SEO and SEM services.
- They create an online presence and a specific image of products.